FRENZY SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT RULES
1. USA Softball official rules will apply with the following exceptions:
a) Teams can bat up to 11 players
b) Courtesy runners, for the pitcher and catcher only, will be allowed. In addition to the official USA rules, the last out will also be allowed.
2. All protests must be made at the time of the incident and will be resolved at that time. We do have an Umpire-in-Chief on duty. If you believe a rule is not applied properly, ask the field umpires to stop the clock and consult with the UIC.
3. Tournament Director reserves the right to change the rules as required, including, but not limited to, the elimination of games as conditions dictate.
4. Roster: Maximum of 16 players. The final rosters and proof of insurance (copy or original) must be given to the tournament director no less than 1/2 hour prior to the start of your first game. Birth dates must be included! Proof of age and photo ID must be available upon request. Players are only allowed to play for one team, even after their team has been eliminated from tournament play.
5. Each team is responsible for their own insurance. The Frenzy Softball Tournament, the Town of Amherst, Tournament Directors and the Umpires-in-Chief assume no responsibility for insurance or injury.
All teams have to list the Town of Amherst NY, 5583 Main Street, Williamsville NY 14221 and Sport Nation, 3014 Delaware Ave #528, Kenmore, NY 14217 as additional insured on your insurance certificates.
6. Teams must be ready to play 10 minutes before their scheduled starting times. GAMES WILL BE STARTED EARLY WHEN THERE ARE WEATHER CONCERNS.
7. During pool play, the home team will be determined by a flip of a coin at home plate by the umpire. The team traveling the farthest may call the coin toss